Self Care And Wellness
- Self-care – refers to caring for the body, mind and spirit and taking actions to tend to the overall well-being of a person.
- Self-care is also anything that affirms and strengthens the physical, psychological relational, emotional and spiritual well-being of a person.
- Self-love “love of self” or regard for one’s happiness or advantage. self-love is a
belief you hold that you are valuable and worthy person self-love means taking care of your own needs and not sacrificing your well-being to please others. self-love means not settling for less than you deserve.
- Wellness is an active process of becoming aware of and making choices towards a healthy and fulfilling life.
- Wellness is also active pursuit of activities, choices, life styles that lead to a state of holistic health.
Ways to practice self-care
- Smile more often, laugh more, hang out with funny people to take away stress.
- Connect with positive, uplifting people and distance yourself from negativity.
- Spend some time outdoors, getting fresh air, and spend less time on technology.
- Do more things you enjoy and less things you dislike.
- Read inspiring books and watch inspirational TV shows.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes per day 4 times per week.
- Love or find love and more sex or have sex regularly while you want.
- Practice positive self-talk each day on way to change your mind set.
- Start a gratitude journal so you can keep your mind focused on all the blessings in life, avoid self-pity practice positive affirmations, until then or stick on a dressing mirror.
- Learn something new that you have been interested in like cookery or take baking lessons, listen to music to boost
- Take time to relax and unwound each day, take along bath, spa treat use favorite perfume or scents to smell good.
- Keep a clean living space. This will make you feel more focused, less confused, your bedroom should be a sanctuary of peace and calmness.
- Choose your own fun time over the weekend with family and friends. Plan for a vacation or road trip to take a break from stress
- Broaden and brand your identity. Who are you when people refer to you. Bring the good parts of you to light and let them shine.
- Reclaiming your time-if you leave your time up for grabs it will be gone. Schedule, place, and organize your appointments with yourself and enter in your calendar to keep yourself accountable or go for
- Sew, Knit crochets, cross stitch or quilt if you want to, you can start a group that meets weekly near, in your.
- Do beading or jewelry making or any other craft you love.
- Do crossword puzzles, or sudoku.
- Go to the library or bookstore for the ambiance. Color or buy a coloring book, Hug someone you love or beloved pet.
- Volunteer is a community in a way that be meaningful, emerging and challenging.
- Unplug: plan to spend a certain length of time each day, disconnected from the internet, computer, my cellphone.
- Read poetry. It is better to read it out loud. Note any interesting quotes or ideas that come from the poem.
- Attend a caring support group or make new trends by attending a local event at meetup.
- Attend church service. Keep seeking until you find a church that meshes well with your beliefs.
- Get sporty attend an athletic event or go to the theatre to see a play, go for comedy shows and laugh out loud. Planning and looking forward to these events can be exciting.
- Give yourself a manicure or pedicure, get it done professionally or get a student trainee to do it at a lower cost.
- Go to the zoo or park nearby and watch wild animals. Go to the forest and be with the trees. Go for a photo walk. This is exercise, nature and photography.
- Go for a walk with your dogs out or more still walk with your family or friends out on a community lane.
- Put on some music and move the groove. Listening to music boosts your moods and that even helps you to focus.
- Plan a surprise for someone you know truly deserves. It doesn’t have to be expensive. Being kind, thoughtful and making someone’s day can be really wonderful way to nourish the soul.
- Forgive. Forgiving is about letting go of anger, hatred and so many negative emotions.
Ways to ensure wellness of an individual
- Prevent sickness-stuck hand sanitizer, Wash your hands thoroughly always. Get enough sleep and manage your stress. Your bedroom should be a sanctuary of sleep no TV in there, minimize caffeine and drink a lot of water.
- Shop smart for groceries-avoid foods rich in high cholesterol, do not miss red wine dry, olives, olive oil or coconut oil for frying, red chilies, of vegetables and fruits. ginger, spinach, pomegranate fruits and more. Choose dairy products carefully.
- Have a talk therapy in case you are in trouble with a counsellor with friends and family. Choose a prayer partner in situations or challenges that may come your way
- Preparing and drinking good tea or green mind about your emotional wellness, understand your feelings and cope effectively with stress. Learn to absorb stress and yet still stay calm.
Hindrances to have self-care, love and wellness.
- Thinking self-care takes too much money.
- Thinking you are not worthy of self-care
- Putting others needs first before self
- Not having received love from others so you can’t give it to yourself
- Feeling guilty about spending time or money.
How to over come these barriers
- Changing mindset
- Prioritize and manage your time well
- Nurture your spirit of self-care
- Put up a small fund for saving your own self-care and wellness
Tips of Self Love
- Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable.
- Never forget that you are what you eat. choosing health food matters.
- Be guilt free and to embrace our inner power and know that we are enough.
- You are your first responsibility. If you were responsible for a baby, you would hopefully never neglect that baby, right! well it is time to start thinking about yourself the same way.
- Stop focusing on people’s faults instead focus on their strength.
- Train yourself to only look for good in others you will be a happier person attracting more positivity in your life.
- Move that gorgeous body of yours every single day and learn to love the skin you’re in.
- Celebrate your wins no matter how big or small. Pat yourself on the back and be proud of what you have achieved.
- Step outside of your comfort zone and try something new. It’s incredible the feeling we get when we realize we have achieved something we didn’t know or think we could do before.
Finally live, laugh & love.